|Music is very popular at Maristhill|
Music has a powerful impact on everyone, but can release a tripwire of powerful memories to the elderly, says Dana Larsen, a senior living writer.
“This is why music therapy is one of the most effective treatments for the elderly,” she explains.
We agree, and we consistently conduct musical events here at Maristhill, ranging from concerts, shows by professional entertainers, sing-alongs, and other performances.
Here are just a few improvements noted by elders and their families, and listed by MusicWorks, a Delaware music therapy organization:
- Better awareness and concentration
- Enhances interest levels and social interaction
- Improves memory and recall
- Happier outlook on life and higher self-esteem
- Increases mobility and coordination
- Diminishes pain and improves recovery time
- Reduces tension and promotes relaxation